
For Jim's birthday this year Charlie and Maggie both came up with very specific things they wanted to give him. Maggie knows that U2 is his favorite band so wanted to give him something U2. We came up with a pillow case and she was very particular about he artwork. She wanted to see pictures on the computer and did her best to copy them. She even gave The Edge a goatie and black hat and Bono his orange glasses. Charlie wanted to give him a "ticket" to go golfing, plus a t-shirt like the one he has that dad loves. The t-shirt was a little trickier, but we got close. Charlie used a stencil and painted then I carefully cut them out of iron-on paper. They were both sooooooooo excited about his birthday and Dad was pretty pleased as well.
1 comment:
U2 is still his favorite band??? Wow, Jim is truly is a product of the 80's and early 90's. Not to knock U2--I love them too, but it was an era. You are the best at thinking up meaningful gifts to give for every occasion. I need to take Gift-Giving 101 from you. I bet the kids had so much fun making it, and that had to have made Jim feel like the coolest Dad on earth.
Post a Comment