We made it to St. George and, after a house, this was one of our first purchases! Only it's too hot to use it without socks or the sprinkler under it. Our second St. George purchase was a black flashlight necessary for scorpion hunting in our own backyard. Yep! Jim got stung our first day here, the second day we had the exterminator come, and the third day we bought a blacklight. Every night (they are noctrunal) we go out hunting. They glow bright green. Impossible to miss. At first we were catching them in a jar but now we just go out with a hammer. We will conquer!!!


11 comments:
A. Yay, a post!
B. Yay, what an awesome house!
C. Triple freaking ew! Scorpions. When Jim got stung were you scrambling for a doctor? Oh wait, no, probably not. ;)
Seriously though, a hammer? *shudder*
I would not have messed with a jar at all, just gone straight for the hammer. Hope you'll be rid of them soon!
Those scorpions gave me the ibby jibbies! Looks like you guys are slowing getting settled in St. George. We miss Ohio too but I'm sure you'll love Utah... minus the creepy bugs :)
Good job writing on your blog and facebook. Scorpions are crazy. I can't believe you go hunting for them. Unfortunately, Daniel's wedding is in Washington, but I will be in Utah for conference weekend if you have any plans then. We will be staying in Pleasant Grove about a fifteen minute drive from your Mom's house. Love ya.
I'm so glad to hear from you guys! We miss our Clarkes. :-( But happy that you guys are settling in. :-)
I am glad you all made it safely. Sorry for the scorpions. That does not sound fun at all. It sounds scary in fact. I hope you can get rid of them or we are never going to visit. Just kidding. I hope that now that you are a lot closer I can actually see you, but you know how that goes. I don't even see my neighbors down the street let alone by good friend that lives a few hours away. Good luck with everything and I will let you know when this baby gets here. I am down to 2 weeks left!
I have never seen so many scorpians together in one place--and I never would have known that they glow with the light. Scary!!! Love the tramp--sprinkler under it brings back some fun memories. Ask Jim about when he used to bribe me to "pop" him 100 times in a row on the tramp.
Are you kidding me?!? Scorpions?!? Sick and double sick! Glad you like your house, not so glad you've already had a casualty. Keep cool in that St.G heat! :)
Congrats on the new house and trampoline! Looks like you're doing quite well out there, even in spite of scorpions. :) Next time we head out west, we'd love to come and visit you guys.
Get'em! Thank you iphone! Now we know where you are!
HOLY COW!!!
that's just a little scary to know what's in your backyard. who knew there are black flashlights??
how are you feeling getting settled in??
Post a Comment