
Watching the Monarch miracle was a childhood tradition and I have always wished that I could provide this experience for my children. I have had no idea how or where to find milk weed (which is all they eat - or so I thought), and I've always been bummed about this. Well, the other day Charlie came running inside exclaiming, "Mom, mom, I found a Monarch caterpillar." I doubted this, but followed him thinking he'd show me some nasty caterpillar that would become an ugly moth (something we've experienced before). To my surprise, he was right! A wild vine of some sort has started growning on our fence and Charlie found not one, not two, but THREE caterpillars. They are in the chrysalis stage right now and we expect butterflies in a few days. I think I am enjoying this even more than the kids. A little bit nostalgic, I guess.

When we get butterflies we will actually hold them on our fingers and feed them sugar water from a Q-Tip. A butterfly tongue is still something that excites me. The way is curls in and out. SO COOL!

Jim suggested that I also add pictures of myself not pregnant, and then one of me now so that you can see the "beautiful" transformation taking place there also. Sorry, you'll have to tune in later for that.
5 comments:
I guess you are in the chrystalis stage right now too. Haha! I think you should definitly post pictures :)
Natalie our little butterfly! Where did you guys watch butterflies growing up. Since I still live in Utah I would love to start that with my kids.
Hi Natalie! We've loved reading your news and updates, and miss getting together. Congrats!
These pictures are beautiful! How fun for your kids.
How fun and exciting. I need to do something like that for my kids. I am sure they would love it. I agree with Jim too....Maybe it would get you to post more.
You are the cutest mom! You and your kids get to watch butterflies. Lucky little ones. We miss ya.
Post a Comment