I have had so many more comments about being pregnant than I have ever had before. It's gotten so bad that I almost hate to go anywhere because of all the attention. Almost every single person comments in some way ("How can you even walk?", "The apple about to drop?", "It just looks so weird!"). Mouths drop every time I tell them that "no, I'm not due tomorrow, but still have a month to go." Maggie's artwork helped me to understand why all these comments a little better.
This is me before pregnancy - I'm the cute, skinny one on the left.

This is me today, 36 weeks pregnant - I'm the . . . well, you can probably guess.

Now, here goes nothing, the real thing. Go ahead, start commenting. I'm sure you can not surprise me at this point.
27 comments:
That is probably the funniest thing I have seen in a long time! Try having your 4 year old ask every once in awhile if you are pregnant, when you aren't, and then say "Oh, cause your belly looks a little big today." Gotta love our little honest ones! Are you in St. George yet?
I LOVE it Nat!!! I'm so glad you posted a picture. You look adorable. And you just gotta love the comments. With both my pregnancies I was asked if I was having twins. Lovely. We are so excited that its getting so close! Love you guys!
You do look cute. I got the same comments a few times with Glade. What are you having? How can I make you some booties without knowing what you're having?
HEY, just ignore what the others say. Your the cutest pregnant woman...hope you are feeling well. When I had Garrett a week after someone asked when I was due, and he was with me?!?! That is where Spanx came into play!!! :o)
Those drawings are so funny! You are lucky that your adorable belly just goes out! I tend to spread all over. I didn't realize that you were due so soon. Good luck with the baby and the move. You look great!
Natalie-
I was bummed I missed you for story time on Monday. I was excited to get all caught up. We are really enjoying SYC -- thanks for the recommendation!
Nat, the dress Maggie drew you in makes you look much bigger than you really are. If you have a huge pink tent dress, don't wear it. You look stinking cute in your real picture. I love the striped shirt. As I know you have heard a million times, you are tiny everywhere else and it just looks like you are bringing your basketball along in case someone needs one. Maybe you could wear a sign when you go out that reads, "Don't ask!" Love ya!
sorry the deleted one was mine...
Maggie is a great little artist. I can't believe how rude and dumb people can be?! Honestly, the reason people say things to you is that you are so tiny that the baby looks much bigger...seriously. You just don't gain it in other places! You look great. My neighbor told me that she could tell I was pregant (w/ Roman and only 4 months along) because my butt was getting big! She's from Jordan so I dismissed it as, "Oh, Foreigners!" then I cried. sad.
That is so funny! I was just going to ask you today in an email to post a picture of you pregnant on your blog, because I'll never get to see you big with this one. I have to agree with the comment "It's just so weird" because you seriously look the exact same everywhere else. You have not gained a pound that's not baby right in front. If anything, your body looks even skinnier (if that's even possible). The watemelon in front DEFINITELY does not match your body. I love it! Can't wait to see baby.
I didn't realize you were due in a month! It seems like you just posted the news of your pregnancy. Congrats, if I haven't already told you.
I have always been envious of your pregnancy belly. It's ALL baby- and nothing else! People aren't used to seeing that- but I can't believe people ALWAYS have to comment. So, you look GREAT!
Oh- and I know your sister-in-law, Holly. She was my college roommate before I married Tyler. I'll have to tell her hi. Small world.
Can't wait to see pics when the baby arrives!
You really are the cutest pregnant person! You have the perfect shape belly. I remember when I first met you, you were pregnant with Ava. Time goes fast!
Nat, you are one of those people that we all love to hate because you probably look exactly the same from behind as you do when you're not pregnant! Love the picture Maggie drew, though. Kids- they do wonders for our self-confidence...
You are awesome. Enough said.
You are gorgeous Natalie...and I am due in a month and wish that I looked that cute!! I love the basketball belly and wished mine looked more like that.
Don't you love that your body is everyone else's business? And it sure doesn't matter what people say really, because you are going to feel like an alien has taken over your body no matter what shape or size you are or what people say.
Good luck in the next few weeks! Can't wait to see that baby on the outside!
You and I have about as opposite of pregnant bodies as it gets. I definitely start "layering" early on (and I'm not talking about clothes). My next door neighbor told me yesterday, "Wow, you're looking pregnant! You really popped out, didn't you?" My nose looks pregnant, my ears look pregnant, my toes look pregnant and my butt could be carrying twins.
You've got nothing to worry about, you gorgeous thing.
Hey! Nat you look good. Cindy
You are adorable! I hate all the comments you get when your pregnant...it should just be an unspoken law that "if you can't say something nice to a pregnant lady...don't say anything at all"!
Good luck with the delivery!
Well you sure have gotten a lot more comments but all good of course. You look AMAZING! I sure wish I looked like you when I am pregnant. Too bad I don't. I am so excited for that little one to enter this world. Keep us updated!
This is so cute. I especially loved the comment from Maggie's teacher on the second drawing.
And, Natalie, you look so good. We ALL wish we looked that good at 8 months pregnant.
Okay...this...is...hilarious! Natalie have made me laugh my whole life and I love you to death. Just be grateful you ARE pregnant, right?! At least you don't get this question from perfect strangers, "Are they yours?" "Are they siblings?" "Where are they from?" "What are they?" etc etc etc...Ah the things people say!! Congrats Nat! We are so happy to have you closer..soon! Love you!
That's really funny! How are you doing? Are you still in Ohio or have you moved? Visit me at athomenatually.blogspot.com
They are just jealous. You are beautiful!!!!!!
Natalie,
I love that you posted that picture! I feel your pain! I have 2 months left and when people find that out the next question is if there are two in there. NO!! Just one! Oh, and then the follow up question....Are you sure there is only ONE???
Good luck!
Kandice Allen
I you weren't so blasted svelte (that sounds better than skinny) to begin with! I'm sure I was that big, but it was hidden under all the fat...
All joking aside, you look FABULOUS!
You are so tiny in the first place, that baby has nowhere to go but out! I have the "advantage" of having a giant bum that seems to grow along with my stomach, so I just look proportional---huge from every angle.;) You look great!!!
People are still asking me if I'm pregnant--and I'm huge! Of course I'm pregnant...I didn't get this way eating too many burritos! But then I cry because they must think I'm a fatty all year long. I wish I stayed thin like you and carried it all in the front, because even my neck is pregnant.
Post a Comment